Table of Contents Hide
Tracking the cell phone is a great way to find the device in case of loss since it is possible to have access to the location of the device. Therefore, some smartphones already have the functionality out of the box to facilitate the meeting process, just activate it.
For you to know more about the subject, see how to track a lost cell phone through the full tutorial below. Check out!
How to track a lost Android phone?
1. Android smartphones have Google’s “Find My Device” functionality. The function is activated automatically during the phone’s setup process, right after the user adds a Google account to the device.
2. Once you want to find the device, click here to be redirected to the tool’s website.
3. Login with your Google account.
4. If you have more than one device linked to the account, select the cell phone you want to find according to the model.
5. Check the device’s location on the home page through the map and information on the left side of the screen. It is important to note that, in order to be found, the device must be turned on and connected to the internet.
6. If you are close to the device, you can select the “Play Sound” function, which will make the cell phone start ringing for 5 minutes even if it is in silent mode.
7. When you find the smartphone, just hold the “Find My Device” enabled to use again if needed.
1. Like Android phones, smartphones with iOS can also be easily tracked using iCloud.
2. Login with your access data, such as email and password.
3. If you have more than one device linked to your account, click “All Devices” and select the device you want to verify the location of.
4. Check the device’s location, paying attention to the last time it was registered.
5. On the left side of the screen, you can view the battery level to see if the cell phone is close to running out of power.
6. It is also possible to activate an audible alert on the device to make it even easier to find. To do this, click “Play Sound” and try to find the iPhone through the noise.
7. When found, unlock the phone and end the audible alert.
Is it possible to track a cell phone when it is turned off?
Currently, Apple allows tracking of the device when it is turned off. Nonetheless, this tool only works for the first 24 hours after shutdown. After this period, the user will only be able to view the last recorded location of the device and must use it to try to find the smartphone.
Android phones do not yet have this function and need to be turned on so that the user can view the location.
Is there a way to track a cell phone that has been formatted?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to track the phone after it has been formatted. This is because, by erasing all information from the device, the account is no longer synchronized with the device, making it impossible to see the location in real-time.
The only way to track the device in this way would be through the phone number. international mobile equipment identity (IMEI), provided by telephone operators. However, performing this type of screening requires a court order, which creates a series of bureaucracy for the user.
Is it possible to track a cell phone by number alone?
Although it is possible to track a cell phone by phone number alone, this tool is not available to everyone. As in the case of the IMEI, you need a court order to be able to track a device using this information.
The main reason the tool is not available to everyone is because of the individual’s security and privacysince this can put the lives of many citizens at risk.
Did you like the article? So stay tuned to TecMundo so you don’t miss any news