Table of Contents Hide
Here is the practical guide to downloading all the emails in Outlook and saving them to import them later
Microsoft Outlook does not just allow users to view their emails and reply to them. The application, whether it be the desktop or web version, is more than capable of allowing its users to easily download your emails to your computer and save them to import them to other devices.
This is a good idea because some people prefer to have important emails on their computers or uploaded to their favorite cloud storage provider. The question is how can we save all emails using outlook?
How to download Outlook emails
As mentioned above, the feature is available for both the desktop and web app. It is not available for mobile apps and therefore in this article, we will see how to make the most of it from a PC or browser. Below we go to see how to download outlook emails to your computer.
Download emails from Outlook to your computer
First, here’s how to download emails from the desktop version of Microsoft Outlook or Outlook 365.
- You open the Outlook app on your computer.
- Select one or more emails you want to download.
- Next, click File.
- From the left panel, then, you have to select Save with name.
- Choose the folder where you want the emails to go.
- Tax a name for the content.
- Select a format file (Currently, you can only use the MSG, .TXT, .OFT, HTML or .MHT)
- Finally, press the button Save And that’s it.
Download emails from Outlook on the web
To download e-mails from Outlook on the web, even here the activity is just as easy, if not even simpler, but it must be emphasized that it is not possible to download multiple emails all at once you have to repeat the steps all individually.
- Start your web browser and open outlook.live.com
- Click on the mail you want to download
- Click the button with three points within the email itself
- From the drop-down menu, select Download then press Save
- If you don’t see the button Download the only way is to save the email as a PDF
- From Outlook.com, click on your favorite email
- Select the menu button with three points
- Then, click Press via the drop-down menu
- At the top of the window, Press click again Press
- From the Destination area, release the drop-down menu and select Save as PDF
- Finally, press the button Save And that’s it
Can I download Outlook for free?
At present, people can get a 30-day trial version of Microsoft Office 365 that comes with Outlook. If that’s not enough time for you, take full advantage of the web version of Outlook available via a web browser completely and free of charge.
Do I need Office 365 to use Outlook?
There is no standalone version of the Outlook desktop app. You will need to subscribe to Microsoft Office 365 or choose to use the web version. Note, however, that the web version of Outlook is primarily available for sending and receiving emails. It does not contain advanced features present in the desktop version.
Does Outlook require a Microsoft account?
Since the year 2013, a Microsoft account is required to install Office on your computer, so yes, that account is required for Outlook. But if you already have an Outlook.com account or even OneDrive, Skype, or Xbox, all you need to do is sign in with the same account used for those apps.